How to link to a different section within the same page (anchor feature is not available)

Hemingway He May 7, 2020

anchor feature is not available in the version i'm using now. i was hoping to click on the key words and go to a different section within the same page. 

thanks for your help 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Hemingway He 

You can vote for the anchor feature here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69198

This documentation gives an overview of how you can link headings on the same page.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-links-and-anchors/

However, from what I see you can't anchor using keywords. 

If this answers your question, would appreciate you to accept the answer :) 

Let me know how you go. 

Cheers

Poorvi

Hemingway He May 7, 2020

Hey Poorvi, thanks for the response. Not sure if I followed but is there a way to link to a different section within the same page by clicking the keyword? Thanks! 

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Hemingway He - this should work as @Poorvi Jhawar  mentioned, you just set the link on your keyword - this link leads you to a heading

For getting the links follow instructions mentioned in documentation 👍🏻

Like Poorvi Jhawar likes this
1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Hemingway He 

when working on a page using TOC macro is maybe also a good idea.

A combination with the solution mentioned by @Poorvi Jhawar could probably help you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events