Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Rest API to Confluence

Alon Hershkovich December 15, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to generate REST API key to confluence with no luck, I have Jira-Administrator and Confluence administrator.

Can you pleas advice?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

You have the tag of "server" on this question, so I'm going to assume you are using Confluence server (or maybe Data Center?).

See Using Personal Access Tokens for how to generate a Pat for Confluence 7.9+.

If your version of Confluence is <7.9, then you'll need to use basic authentication with base64 encoding.

I don't want to go into too much detail without knowing for sure which version and platform you're using.

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Alon Hershkovich Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I hope you want to create an API token to authenticate with Atlassian cloud tool. You can refer this documentation on how you can create API token. Then refer this document on how you can use it for rest api calls. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events