How do i get the Question List macro in confluence?

Deepti October 3, 2018

I am not able to get the question list macro in confluence, could someone assist?

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hello, Deepti.

Before you can utilize the macro, may I know if you have the Questions for Confluence add-on installed on your instance first? Once you have it, you should be able to access it based on the screen shots below:

You will notice an additional menu on the top bar called Questions:

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.05.00.png

When typing the macro, you will be able to see the Questions List macro in the page:

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.05.30.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.09.55.png

If you haven't install it yet, please have a look at the Questions for Confluence to understand the features before downloading and installing it into your instance. Let me know how it goes on your end.

Deepti October 3, 2018

Thank you for the response @AhmadDanial, i would have to tell the admin for getting the add-in installed, is there a way to do it without the admin please? I need to create a page for Q&A for the team?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hi there, Deepti.

You are welcome. Add-ons can only be installed by the administrator according to the Managing System and Marketplace Apps page:

You'll need Confluence Administrator permissions to access the UPM.

I don't quite get what you mean by creating a page for team's Q&A though. Can you elaborate a little more on that?

Deepti October 3, 2018

What i meant was having a Q&A page created for the team, where team members can post frequently asked questions. Just having a dump of all the questions and answers in one place

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2018

Hello again, Deepti.

Gotcha. It depends on your preference and business requirement, really. Questions for Confluence is developed to optimize the way user interact together when they have questions about specific topics. While you can have a big FAQ page that stores every Q&A, it will be challenging to scale as more and more questions come in, as well as maintaining the page.

Using Questions for Confluence, you will have the ability to control the Q&A in a more manageable way. Let's take an FAQ for example. You can create a new topic called faq and start adding questions there. Users will then be able to view and answer them by sharing their collective experience and knowledge about that specific question. Good answers can be improved and best of all, the knowledge is available to all.

For example:

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 07.30.18.png

Let me know if you are clear with the explanation or if you need more details. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events