How can I allow users to edit tags in Questions?

If I try to add a new tag to a question a colleague has created, this first seem to work, but after saving an error message is displayed briefly: "Access denied".

How to allow this? We all want to improve other questions.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
carolyn french Community Champion Mar 14, 2017

See with your admin if your instance has reputation-based permissions enabled. That means when you accrue a certain number of points, you are able to do certain admin functions like update another user's question's topics. Otherwise, only admin can do it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/permissions-407724476.html#Permissions-RepBasedPermissions

This widget could not be displayed.
Andre Kasper Atlassian Team Mar 14, 2017

Hi @flasnia,

I haven't found any explicit documentation about editing other people topics but I've tested in my instance and it seems only users that are presented in the administrators group can edit topics in other people's questions. I believe you could do this by editing questions permissions or even the space permissions, but again I haven't found any documentation indicating which permission controls this.

For more information about topics and questions permissions refer to these.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

196 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you