How can I allow users to edit tags in Questions?

Friedrich Lasnia March 14, 2017

If I try to add a new tag to a question a colleague has created, this first seem to work, but after saving an error message is displayed briefly: "Access denied".

How to allow this? We all want to improve other questions.

2 answers

2 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

See with your admin if your instance has reputation-based permissions enabled. That means when you accrue a certain number of points, you are able to do certain admin functions like update another user's question's topics. Otherwise, only admin can do it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/permissions-407724476.html#Permissions-RepBasedPermissions

0 votes
André K.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2017

Hi @flasnia,

I haven't found any explicit documentation about editing other people topics but I've tested in my instance and it seems only users that are presented in the administrators group can edit topics in other people's questions. I believe you could do this by editing questions permissions or even the space permissions, but again I haven't found any documentation indicating which permission controls this.

For more information about topics and questions permissions refer to these.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events