Editing Excel file attachment

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 7, 2021

I tried the following per documentation

1. Go to  > Attachments
  2. Choose Edit in Office beside the attachment you want edit.
    Your browser will ask you to confirm that you want to open the file.

There is not Edit in Office Option in the Attachment screen.

When I go to the document and click "EDIT" it tells me to download the Atlassian Companion App. I have doesn't this several times to no success

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Stephanie Johns-Chin 

Have you tried a different browser?

Do you have any security applications that could be blocking the application (anti-virus, firewall)?

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 7, 2021

I tried a different browser. There is nothing blocking the application. I even download for the right machine, MAC

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 9, 2021

The instructions on this website do not work for me.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Are you able to install the companion app?

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 9, 2021

Yes. I did.

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 14, 2021

Still looking for assistance

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

@Stephanie Johns-Chin When you click edit does it initiate the companion app?  Does it open with the excel document?

You should see the following.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 14, 2021

I have downloaded the app several times and then I click edit and the document is still not open. I even downloaded the companion app for Mac

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

@Stephanie Johns-Chin The issue is that the companion app is not launching.  There are a lot of things that could prevent this.

• The app did not install
  • You have anti-virus or security apps that are preventing it from launching
  • You have browser plugins preventing it from working

I would suggest confirming that it has been installed and is working properly (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/install-atlassian-companion-992678880.html)  Make sure it is running in the background when you click edit.

Once you confirm your installation I would suggest making sure that you do not have any browser plugins running by disabling them and trying again.  

If all of those fail you could see if disabling anti-virus allows the application to run.  

Stephanie Johns-Chin June 17, 2021

The link you provided goes to a blank page.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2021
Stephanie Johns-Chin June 18, 2021

Thank you!!!!

I will address with my IT team.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events