Does Slack for Confluence support Confluence Q&A?

The Confluence QA integration with HipChat supports notifications when a new Question is Asked in Confluence Q&A:

image2016-5-4 12:13:14.png

Does Slack for Confluence also support getting this information into Slack?  Also will it support notifications when a new answer is added?

2 answers

1 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion May 04, 2016

Confluence Webhooks have not been released yet and I don't know if there is official word on when that will happen. They are listed in Confluence Developer so I think it will happen eventually but again, nothing official.

As the author of Slack for Confluence, I've quickly looked into possibilities. It turns out this is possible by polling the Confluence Questions REST API, although the effort is nontrivial.

We'll be collecting interest for this functionality in our issue tracker and will build it once we're convinced the effort is going to pay off. Please leave a comment over there in case you're interested in this enhancement.

Thanks!

I'm interested! (the issue tracker link gave me a 404)

@Dan Schepers: Sorry about that, I just updated the link to the new location of our issue tracker.

We've released Confluence Questions compatibility as of October 2017. Let me know if this satisfies your requirements!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,279 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you