Copy page (and child pages) to another space

claude godfrin September 12, 2018

Hi,

We create multiple space from the same template. Now we create 2 new pages in th Template and we search how do a copy into each space.
I try with the copy function, but it takes too long. Copy, choose the space1, rename the page... Copy the second page into the space1....
I try also with copy/create a template and i choose only the 2 pages that I need. But it doesn't work :-( because the space already exist.

It's is not possible to use another tools ? or another solution ?

Thanks for your help.

Claude

2 answers

0 votes
Normand Brousseau September 13, 2018

Hi Claude,

In recent Confluence versions, the Copy Page feature includes a "Include children pages" option, which I believe would solve your problem.

Cf. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html

Normand

claude godfrin September 14, 2018

Hello Normand,

Thanks for your mail.

The copy page works normally. The problem is that I need to copy the same 2 pages into 30 space.

I don't want to use 60x the copy page :-) 

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2018

Claude,

Use the  Include Page Macro to add this page to all your pages.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/include-page-macro-139514.html

Victor

claude godfrin September 17, 2018

Thanks Victor, I will try your solution as soon as possible. :-)

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

Hello Victor, 

thanks for your mail. We don't want to move the files, but copy the new files to all spaces that we create with the space template.

Hello Victor,

I need to use the Global template may be ?? and not the space template ??

Claude

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events