Confluence knowledgebase connected to jira servicedesk

Krister Persson January 21, 2020

Hi!

We have a knowledgebase in Confluence connected to Jira ServiceDesk
Works fine. A question though

We don´t want the knowledgebase be wide open to the world through anonymous view rights though.

The idea is to connect two user directories to Confluence AND Jira: a local AD/LDAP for internal personel, and another instance (as of know local directories in Jira AND Confluence)

The only way that we want to permit ANYBODY to raise a JIRA ServiceDesk request is through mail, and only registered customers are allowed to use the JIRA portal, and hence view articles through that.

We do not want the world to have an open view into the Knowledgebase due to the fact that is needed to connect JIRA ServiceDesk to Confluence Knowledgebase Space.

How do I achieve that?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

Hey @Krister Persson , your Confluence space does not need to allow anonymous access to link your Jira Service Desk Project to a knowledge base. From a Confluence perspective, you've got "Anonymous Acess", which makes your Confluence site public, and "Unlicensed Access", which allows any active user to view spaces (including those who don't have a Confluence license), the latter enabled when you link a Jira Service Desk project to a Confluence space as a knowledge base.

On the Service Desk side, you can either define your viewing permission to "All users and customers" or "Only licensed users". The first option, although users who don't have a Confluence license can view knowledgebase information via the customer portal, you'll need to create a Confluence user account for each Service Desk customer - if your service desk site and Confluence site have separate user bases.

Cheers.

Krister Persson March 4, 2020

@Ivan Lima!

Plz excuse me for asking once again. I switched off anonymous access and the knowledge base articles stopped showing up in as well in the Service Desk Agent interface of the issues as well as in the customer portal.

Exactly how should I alter the Users and Roles or the permissions of the JIRA project? The integration/connection between JIRA and Confluence otherwise works smoothly.

JIRA 8.4.2 with JIRA Service Desk 4.4. and Confluence 6.15.8.
(running on own servers not Cloud.)

0 votes
Krister Persson March 4, 2020

Thanks a lot Ivan. Please excuse me for answering so late. /K

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events