Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Can you make links relative to the current space? (i.e. this.space vs the name)

Evan Kesten September 12, 2014

Hello!

I am trying to use content from an existing space to create another. For multiple excerpts I know I will need the plugin but another problem I have is that any internal links are linking to the "origin" space.

E.g.

1. Space B is an exact copy of Space A, with some additions, using the "Include Page" macro. 
  2. Page 1 in Space B has a link to Page 2.
  3. Clicking the link in Space B directs you to Page 2, but in Space A since the link is static to the origin space.

I need the links to be relative to the space it is being "called" from. Manually copying/pasting the data is not an option because I need Space B to update whenever something in Space A changes. Also, I know that I could excerpt "around" the link (one before and one after) with the multiexcerpt plugin and manually change the links but there are thousands of links so I hope there is a better way.

Does anyone have a good way of going about this or is it just a limitation of Confluence? 

Thanks! I look forward to chatting about this.

4 answers

0 votes
Ellen Beentjes December 29, 2020

Same here

0 votes
Bridget Wright December 12, 2016

Me too.

0 votes
Anna McDonald November 26, 2014

Ditto.

0 votes
Joe Cross November 18, 2014

Hi Evan, I hope you find an answer because I have essentially the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events