Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture inbound incoming emails into space/page

Curtis J_ Matthes July 30, 2020

There may (and is likely) a way to do this already which I'm just not aware of.

I'm seeking a way to facilitate team communications without chasing email replies.  Yes you can create a space for people to post, share files and then others can comment but something simpler would be grand.  Not quite the same, but MailChimp has a feature where you set up a list and it has a specific email address.  Send email to that "secret" address and it gets blasted to your list.  It's really slick.

Requirements:

1. send email to specific (secret to be shared only with team members) address and it is automatically pulled into a page where others can contribute ideas, respond etc.

2. Notifications to team members of "posts" or replies to posts (already does this)

3. Ability of embedded attachments to be carried forward into the post. (can include attachment to a post already, want to make sure inbound email would do same)

Optional:

1. Be able to label your email (maybe using {x} trigger in subject line) and label would be picked up and applied into post.  Just a nice to have.

Your gracious help, guidance is truly appreciated, Yours in Service, Curtis

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi! 

After reading your use case I would say JEMH will cover your requests

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JEMHC

Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

JEMHC is the cloud version, for server the URL is https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JEMH

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events