Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Confluence page be made to generate a .XLSX file or google sheet?

Jim Hendel March 21, 2019

We have a page built that we enter all required information in for new clients, we also have to build a google sheet or Excel that is semi standard but requires all the same data that is in the confluence page. I want to create a linked files between the two that will update both as either one is edited if any mutual data is changed almost like an access database with everything on a html page. 

I have no clue what confluence is able to do but hopefully this can work.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2019

Hello Jim and welcome to the Community!

Wanting to use Confluence as the main source to view and report on the data is a great use of the tool. There are a few options to link XLS documents between Confluence and other applications. Though this type of functionality is not built into the product, you could use a marketplace add-on to accomplish this. You may find add-ons which are capable of doing this at a preset search of Atlassian Marketplace | Table export. There are a few solutions within there that will apply to what you’re trying to accomplish.

When trialing this add-on, always ensure you test them on a staging instance to avoid any interruptions with production. Further information on staging instances may be found at Create a staging environment for upgrading Confluence.

I hope this proves helpful and you’re able to find a solution that lets you manage the data in a central location.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events