Automatically assigned topics for a new questions asked inside given Space

DmitriyH January 24, 2018

We are using Confuence with Questions plugin.

There are also many Spaces.

Is there any way to setup the Questions plugin, in order to make it assign automatically a given topic for a newly asked questions inside given Space?

For example: all questions created in "Space-1" should have "topicA" and "topicB" assigned, all questions created in "Space-2" should have "topicC" assigned.

And it's unacceptable to ask our users to put these topics manually on each questions, it's really easy to miss it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2018

Hi Dmitry,

that works pretty easy - when you're using questions - just get the question macro in your space and choose topics that should be integrated.

In your case we are in Space-1, choose topics: topicA, topicB (separated with comma)

Now enable Include  Ask Button! Done. Everyone who uses this button will automatically generate a question including the mentioned topics.

For more information and further setup look her in docu https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/integrate-questions-with-your-spaces-407724495.html

DmitriyH February 28, 2018

Thanks a lot! It works.

And one more quesions, which I could not solve reading a documentation: is it possible to make a direct link, which opens ALL the questions in from recent-to-oldest order, which contain for example only "topic1" and "topic2" tags?

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

Hi @DmitriyH - i don't think that's possible because - as far as I know - you can only sort by topics = which means one topic.

When you click on the tag that is shown under the question you will directly move to the tagged topic (you can sort popular, recent, not answered) 

But would be interesting to make a sort with 2 or 3 topics.... you could also work with maintopics maybe.... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events