[Tempo Timesheet Plugin] Time spent on Epic reports and time spent not affecting parent task or epic

Ronan TREILLET September 11, 2017

Hi, 

I'm trying the Tempo Timesheet plugin for JiraCloud and I have few questions,
(Please note that we are trying to set up a good project management from scratch and we're not completly sure i this is the right way to do it, so we're open to suggestions...)

What we want :

Right now we have many subprojects linked to our main project. We really want to see the time spent on each subproject (with possibility to see details per user) to try to measure the ROI in order to measure timespent versus what we gained with it.

What we have :

We have 1 project (VIS) and a lot of subproject (Epic)
For each Epic we use tasks and subtasks to list the work to do.
We log on the subtasks or directly on the tasks if there is no subtasks.

Our questions are :

- Is there a way to logtime through tempo on subtasks and the time you logged affect the parent task and/or the epic ? (in my previous job I used Redmine and it worked this way the time spent on parents was affected by the time spent on childs) or do we have to do it manually :/ ?

- Is there a report that show time spent by Epic with the tasks and subtasks with the same nested layout you have when you generate a report and you group by 1-user, 2- tasks, 3-worklog, for exemple ?

I've seen topics from 2013 talking about it without any new update about it. To me, it does seems a very important and usefull way to report (certainly more than knowing the worklog on each tasks and the time associate to each worklog) so if someone can tell me if it's possible (or no) 

Thanks,

Ronan

2 answers

1 vote
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Hi Ronan,

Sorry, I can't say for Tempo, but since you tagged jira-timesheet-plugin also, I'd like to let you know that it's possible with Time Reports and Timesheet Reports and Gadgets add-ons.

If interested, please see Sum SubTasks option, and configure Parent Issue Field to aggregate tasks into Epics additionally.

Thank you.

0 votes
Giulio Roggero September 28, 2017

You can create a Filter and Use Tempo Report feature Advanced JQL.

The filter query for an Epic for project XY with the ID XY-1234 is

project = XY AND "Epic Link" = XY-1234 OR parentEpic = XY-1234 OR ID = XY-1234

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events