Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop the auto-assignment of issues to releases

Jovanna Pugh June 4, 2018

From sprint to sprint, my team works on a variety of cards.  Right now, it's as common for them to be assigned to releases as it is for them to be unassigned to a release.  I want to see all of the cards my teams work on in Portfolio.  However, I do not want Portfolio to automatically assign cards that aren't assigned to a release.

I am new to using Portfolio, so I'm hoping there's a way to accomplish what I'm looking for but I just haven't found it yet.  If anyone knows of a way to prevent Portfolio from automatically assigning issues to releases, I would love to hear it.

1 answer

0 votes
Phillip Williams June 6, 2018

I am still quite new to Portfolio as well, but one way that I found is to remove the Story Points from the ticket. Then Portfolio won't know how to schedule it and it won't be assigned to a release.

Jovanna Pugh June 6, 2018

Thanks, Phillip - I'll give that a shot! 

Jovanna Pugh June 6, 2018

THANK YOU PHIL!!  Removing the story points from issues that were automatically assigned to a release reverts that auto-assignment!  Although do I still believe that Portfolio should provide the ability to either: prevent the auto-assignment of issues to releases or remove issues from releases without assigning them to another one, this is a great workaround!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events