Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display all issues in a plan

Nichola Tolmie January 16, 2020

Please help!

I cannot get Jira Portfolio to show the Epics, Stories or sub tasks in plan.  The online tutorial suggests that we do not have to assign these to a release, however, the only time the issues did display was when I assign them to a release.  Even then I did not get the colorful existing plan that was depicted in the online tutorial.  What I got was a timeline driven by the release and not the issues.

Any advice would be helpful - there are a tone of discussion around this but none have resolved my problem.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hi @Nichola Tolmie ,

There are a few variables that could cause issues to not be displayed on the plan, I would recomend checking out the following Post where there is a really good checklist of items mentioned in a comment by my associate Martin Suntinger for a quick run through as a starting point:

Hey @Jason Frueh, hard to diagnose exactly, but here's a little checklist of things that could cause an issue to not show up, probably you've checked many of them already: 

• Release assignments to a release that is excluded: If an issue is assigned to a fixVersion that is excluded from the plan, then also the issue is not loaded (unless it also has another fixVersion assigned with is included). Things show up if they have either no version assigned, or they have at least 1 version assigned that is included. 
  • Filter permissions: Is the filter you are using shared with other users that try to access the plan? If not, the other use will see a nice when checking the issue sources in the plan configuration 
  • Explicitly excluded before: has an issue been explicitly excluded from the plan before? In this case, go to the plan configuration > Issue Sources > Edit sources, and check if the issue shows up as you go through the setup wizard again. if it was excluded, it will show up as unchecked in the table 
  • Unintended Filters in the UI - accidently any filter set, like for example the schedule range? If something doesn't get scheduled it would not show up even though it exists. 
    The next filter is one that is often missed (not ideal UX)
  • Hierarchy levels / mapping: Anything odd with which issue types are mapping to the hierarchy? is there anything visible on any other hierarchy level? 
  • Custom field configurations: Any changes to fields, like for example having removed the fixVersion field at all from the issues? Portfolio checks this field when loading issues to see if its in an included or excluded assignment, if the whole field is not there, it might cause problems.

Check these items out and let me know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

Nichola Tolmie January 21, 2020

Thank you very much indeed.  Whilst plodding on with my research I managed to get the plan to load and did indeed cover all the points mentioned in your post.  However the visual representation is still not what i expected from the online tutorial and I believe this is due to working on Cloud rather that data centre / server.  

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events