Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Experience! Customer Facing Service Desk Offering

Russell J Zera _Philadelphia_ November 21, 2018

Philly AUG Members

I am doing some informal research. Are you in a company (or have customers/clients who are) that utilize Jira for development, but track customer issues with something like FreshDesk, Oracle Service Cloud/Service Now, or some other tool?

What is the reason that they have utilized that solution as opposed to Jira Service Desk? Is there a feature gap? Is their solution so large and integrated in their processes and procedures that it's like the US Financial Crisis (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) years ago and it's achieved a status of "too big to fail?" or is it just because they "don't know any better?", aka they don't know what Jira Service Desk is or what it offers?

I'd love to know your experiences!

2 comments

Comment

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

Hi Russell,

Our company uses Service Desk for some of our customers.  But other customers are on Zendesk and moving to Salesforce ServiceCloud.   One of the missing features in the lack of a forum, perusal of documentation that is available in both those aforementioned products but not available in Service Desk.  Although Service Desk can pop-up small articles, it's not the same as being able to search for how-to articles and KB.  If only Atlassian would work more closely with their Confluence team to provide such a feature WITHOUT having to buy confluence licenses for service desk customers.

Hope that helps..

Susan

Like # people like this
Russell J Zera _Philadelphia_ November 21, 2018

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ That is FANTASTIC insight! That would DEFINITELY be a good 'add' for Atlassian to integrate!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

I'm totally necroposting here, sorry @Russell J Zera _Philadelphia_ 

I've worked at several places that managed implementation work in Jira, but handled service fulfillment in tools like ServiceNow, Zendesk or Salesforce Service Cloud.

Why?

• Lack of governance - left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing, and someone with a corporate credit card signed up for the Zendesk (for example)
  • Lack of awareness - a lot of folks didn't know Jira Service Management was a thing, so... (like you said!)
  • In-house expertise - one place I worked had an experienced ServiceNow team that used their instance for internal requests. It made sense to extend that knowledge to prop-up a ServiceNow instance for external customers.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events