Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No-team" option settings meaning

Alessandro Pistola August 2, 2021

Dear all,

I am trying to set up an integration via Webhook or Slack and for both I have to specify the team for which the integration will work. While reading the options under the "Team" combo-box I found the option "No team". Does this setting include all the alerts (because the integration is set for no team) or does it include all the alerts without a team?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
connor mcguane August 3, 2021

This is saying an incoming alert will not be assigned to a team.  You will need to assign the alerts to a team somewhere else in the pipeline, either in an alert policy, manually in the alert when acked, etc.

Alessandro Pistola August 3, 2021

@connor mcguane  First of all thank you for replying. Unfortunately this is not what I would like to know.

I understand your point of view but the two kind of integration I was talking about are output integrations, meaning that if an alert arrives, Opsgenie will send it through Slack (not the reverse).

I now think that the "no-team" option, in this scenario, stands for "all the alerts without a team assigned to" and not as a restriction "the integration is assigned to no-team then all the alerts will be sent through Slack"

connor mcguane August 3, 2021

Ah, didnt realize you were referring to outgoing integrations.  I think you assessment is correct then. 

Like Alessandro Pistola likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events