Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opsgenie local or public domain

Nivek90 November 11, 2019

So I'm under registration for opsgenie and I see that I need to register a domain.

I would like to download and test opsgenin on a local machine (10.x.x.x) but obviously I cant use this as a domain. So my question is how do  go about this, do I need a public domain for registration?

I was thinking of creating a VM and assigne it a local ip, but during registration it fails with that domain. If I add 10.x.x.x as ops.genie.test.com in the dns record, will this solve my problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Nivek90 , 

Thanks for your question! Just a few follow-up questions for you. 

Where in Opsgenie are you registering a domain? Do you mean company name? 

Also, while Opsgenie can connect to on-prem tools via Opsgenie Edge Connector and we do offer a mobile application. It's not an on-prem tool itself. Can you explain a bit more about your use case so we can help you? 

Thanks! 

Kate 

Nivek90 November 22, 2019

@Kate Clavet Are you telling me there is no installation process for opsgenie? I'm able login on the website(xxx.app.eu.opsgenie.com) on a free trial account. That's it? I know how the basic setup for it? And in order to migirate it to exp. op5, I would need to install Marid, right?

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

@Nivek90 There are installation steps for Opsgenie Edge Connector (this replaces Marid) which is used for connecting Opsgenie to on-prem tools. Here is the link to those steps: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/oec-installation 

Hopefully this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events