It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

opsgenie local or public domain

So I'm under registration for opsgenie and I see that I need to register a domain.

I would like to download and test opsgenin on a local machine (10.x.x.x) but obviously I cant use this as a domain. So my question is how do  go about this, do I need a public domain for registration?

I was thinking of creating a VM and assigne it a local ip, but during registration it fails with that domain. If I add 10.x.x.x as ops.genie.test.com in the dns record, will this solve my problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet Atlassian Team Nov 12, 2019

Hi @Nivek90 , 

Thanks for your question! Just a few follow-up questions for you. 

Where in Opsgenie are you registering a domain? Do you mean company name? 

Also, while Opsgenie can connect to on-prem tools via Opsgenie Edge Connector and we do offer a mobile application. It's not an on-prem tool itself. Can you explain a bit more about your use case so we can help you? 

Thanks! 

Kate 

@Kate Clavet Are you telling me there is no installation process for opsgenie? I'm able login on the website(xxx.app.eu.opsgenie.com) on a free trial account. That's it? I know how the basic setup for it? And in order to migirate it to exp. op5, I would need to install Marid, right?

Kate Clavet Atlassian Team Nov 26, 2019

@Nivek90 There are installation steps for Opsgenie Edge Connector (this replaces Marid) which is used for connecting Opsgenie to on-prem tools. Here is the link to those steps: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/oec-installation 

Hopefully this helps! 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

What’s New in Opsgenie October 2019

Hi there, we have a lot of exciting announcements this month, specifically around Dark Mode. You don’t want to miss out!    Dark Mode for Mobile App is here! A few weeks ago, we annou...

1,402 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you