Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opsgenie and alertmanager integration yaml file

Guillaume Bettayeb January 25, 2022

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get alertmanager to forward alerts to opsgenie.

I have had a look at https://prometheus.io/docs/alerting/latest/configuration/#opsgenie-receiver-%3Copsgenie_config%3E - but reading that page didn't help much.

I found the following thread on this forum: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Alert-notification-template-for-alertmanager-prometheus-to-send/qaq-p/1560666

but then again when I run that code, I get the following error in the alertmanager container:
err="yaml: unmarshal errors:\n line 10: field priority not found in type config.plain"

Below is my alertmanager.yml file:

global:
  resolve_timeout: 1m
  opsgenie_api_url: 'XXXXXXX'
  opsgenie_api_key: 'XXXXXXX'
receivers:
  - opsgenie_configs:
    - responders:
        - type: team
          name: "TwigOps"
    priority: '{{ range .Alerts }}{{ if eq .Labels.severity "critical"}}P1{{else if eq .Labels.severity "warning"}}P2{{else if eq .Labels.severity "info"}}P3{{else}}P4{{end}}{{end}}'
    name: opsgenie
route:
  group_by: ['alertname','service']
  receiver: opsgenie
  repeat_interval: 5m

Is there a template file I could download? It seems to me that the above code might be missing some declarations which is why "priority" is not found as a field.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2022

Hi @Guillaume Bettayeb ,

Have you tried it with setting priority as just a value of "P1", "P2", etc.?

I am wondering whether the conditional statements you are using for the priority field is are whats causing the issue.

If you could change it to just a hardcoded priority value of P1, P2, P3, P4, or P5, that would help rule out what's causing the issue with the priority field.

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events