label visibleTo is not working on prometheusRule

daniel.rosa May 10, 2022

Hi,
I'm trying to enable visibility for the Opsgenie alerts to everyone  through prometheusRule with no success. The alerts are sent normally, responders are receiving, but if someone for other team try to visualize the alert, they got a 403 error : 

Oops!
It looks like you don't have permission to see this page.

I tried to set visibleTo: everyone on labels, but it didn't work. Does anyone knows how to define visibleTo configuration on prometheus rules to allow everyone visualize the alert on opsgenie ? I'm using alertmanager integration with Opsgenie.
Thanks in advance,

labels:
   env: prd
    priority: p2
    responders: development
    visibleTo: everyone

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hi @daniel.rosa ,

That visibleTo: everyone label or field seems more like a Prometheus thing. 

Visibility to alerts in Opsgenie would be dependent on your user's roles, and the permissions they have to the alerts.

By default account Admins and Owners have access to all alerts. Account Users will only have access to the alerts they are recipients of directly, or if the alerts are sent a team the Users are a member of.

You could consider creating a custom role that grants permission to all alerts, but the issue here is it applies to ALL alerts - meaning they'd be able to take action on any/all alerts. So it might not meet the use case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events