Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forwarding tagged alerts to another team?

Deleted user May 19, 2021

So we have 2 teams in Obsgenie, let's name them Team Frontend (FE) and Team Backend (BE).
Currently FE is receiving all Splunk alerts, and BE gets nothing. A second plugin especially for BE didn't work.

So maybe we can create a new team, like Team Splunk-Receivers (SR). SR get all Splunk alerts, FE and BE get nothing. We create at least 2 alerts within SR, one that filters all frontend stuff, and one that gets the backend ones. Each alert adds a tag (e.g. FE and BE) to the alerts.

Now we have Team SR with all Splunk alerts, that are filtered and tagged.

Is it possible to forward those tagged alerts to another team, FE and BE to be more detailed?

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Sletten May 20, 2021

I tried doing something similar using escalation policies "route to team" but it never worked corrected.  I'm sure I was just doing something wrong.

I did have success by creating an integration without an owner team and then used action filters within that integration to assign a team based on the content of the alert.  I do seem to remember that something wasn't ideal about it but it's been a while since I worked on it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events