Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zabbix and opsgenie: Could not execute - No permissions

Ziemeck August 14, 2019

Hi,

I want use opsgenie to ack problems on Zabbix (via Marid). When i ack on opsgenie, on the /var/log/opsgenie/marid/script.log i have message:

ERROR: [Acknowledge]: Could not execute at Zabbix; reason:No permissions to referred object or it does not exist!

I checked via API alert id and it's exist.

Someone have similar problem and know how to fix it?

Zabbix 4.2.5
Java Version "12.0.2" 2019-07-16

regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hi @Ziemeck

Can you try installing Java 8 (either as default or an "alternative" version), restart Marid, then try acknowledging the alert again?

I think Java 12 changed how Java/Groovy ends up interpreting certain data types. So when the script attempts to acknowledge the event it interprets the variable as a list of bytes instead of a string. If switching to Java 8 isn't a realistic option then we can try explicitly setting it as a string in the script, but I'm not sure if that resolves the issue. 

Ziemeck August 19, 2019

Hi @Robert 

Thanks for reply.
I installed Java 8 and I manage to do ACK - no problem with permissions. Thanks again for your help

0 votes
Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hi there, 

We have seen this issue come up in the past and it has been due to permissions for the opsgenie user inside the Zabbix interface. We suggest ensuring the user is a Zabbix admin and the Zabbix admin user type does need to have the ability to execute actions on the host. 

We hope this helps!

test53.png

Ziemeck August 19, 2019

Thanks @Chris DeGidio  for reply.

My user have all of permissions but still doesn't work. I try with Java 8 and it looks good.

Thanks for your time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events