Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zabbix - Opsgenie Integration.

itamarb April 20, 2022

Hello All,

I have a question about Zabbix - Opsgenie integration.

Where I work I have an issue, alert created on Zabbix, but was deleted or did not end up in opsgenie. When the Alerts close on Zabbix. the Alerter process jumps to 100%. From the logs seems it searches the Alias. I wanted to know how I can set up a rule , that if the Alias is not found it will skip.

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

Hi @itamarb ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 

Do you mean when an alert is created on your Zabbix instance but failed to be created on your Opsgenie side?

This may require further investigation by us. Please reach out to Opsgenie Support and help provide us with the details to help you better.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

itamarb April 22, 2022

Hey Darryl,

No problem getting alerts from Zabbix to OpsGenie.

The problem is if an alert was created on Zabbix. If someone deletes it in OpsGenie when the alert closes on Zabbix. The alerter process in Zabiix will increase to 100% if it does not find the alert anymore. 

hope this clarifies what I meant. 

Itamar

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

Hi @itamarb ,

Sorry, I am still not quite sure about your meaning.

Do you mean the Opsgenie alert is deleted by someone and it leads to the alert on the Zabbix side getting closed and this action mistakenly makes the Zabbix increase to 100%?

This doesn't sound correct because if an alert is deleted, Opsgenie WILL NOT push any data to the Zabbix side to close the alert.

From my perspective, this may need further investigation to get clear about what actually happened when your Zabbix was closed.

Please reach out to Opsgenie Support and my colleague will help you from there.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events