Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is an alert created for the incident creator?

Edited

If I create an incident from the UI without impacted services and no responder teams, just with a responder user, Opsgenie creates 2 alerts:

1. For the responder user (as expected).

2. For the user who created the incident.

image.png

Why does the incident creator has to acknowledge an alert? Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir Atlassian Team Jan 15, 2022

Hi @Rodolfo ,

Yes - this is expected behavior. When you create an incident, it creates a Responder Alert for each user/team that is a responder on the incident.

When you create an incident manually, it also creates an alert for the person who created the incident. There isn't a way to change this behavior, but we have a feature request to be able to disable this. I can add you to that request.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks,

Samir

Hi @Samir, thanks for your response.

Yes, please. Add me to the request.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

2,404 views 0 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you