Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are some of my Jira fields not showing in OpsGenie's JSM Integration's Customize Issue Fields?

James Twidale February 13, 2024

Hi,

I have setup a ton of integrations which create tickets in Jira when an alert is created in OpsGenie. I have a new field to capture the OpsGenie alert ID in the Jira ticket so it is easy to find, but this field isn't showing in my list of fields when I try to customize issue fields in OpsGenie.

I know some of the fields won't show and it lists these at the top of the page, the field I am looking for isn't there. I thought I might have reached the limit of fields to see so I have removed some by removing them from the and they have configuration scheme in Jira for that projects issue type (which worked), but the field I am looking for still isn't showing when I do the opposite and add the configuration of the project and issue type in question. 

The field is a standard text field which I have others of this type showing in OpsGenie, so I know this isn't the problem. This field is also showing in the OpsGenie Integration customize issue fields for a different issue type in the same project, so I am baffled as to why it isn't showing for this issue type.

Does anyone know why my field isn't showing in OpsGenie for me to populate the Jira ticket with upon creation?

2 answers

0 votes
Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Not sure if you still have this problem, but for me I had to ensure the field was available in the "Create" of the Issue Type. So if you go to your issue type, go to its screen and in the "Create issue" screen make sure to add it in there.

It will then take a few minutes before it will pop up in Opsgenie.

0 votes
Brennan Kiely
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2024

Hi James,

Are you creating the fields with Insight by any chance? We have an open feature request to add support for those fields: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-1073

If that's not what's happening in your case, I would suggest reaching out to support at support.atlassian.com so we can take a closer look at why these aren't showing up for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events