Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find logs?

Diana Koshy March 9, 2021

I set up an API integration in OpsGenie so that an external process can send alerts to OpsGenie when it fails. The external process failed, but there was no OpsGenie alert generated. I'm trying to debug where things went wrong - is it that the alert never got to OpsGenie or was it that my filters for the integration discarded the alert? Are there logs that would contain this information? Ideally, I would want to see the traffic that came to OpsGenie through this integration BEFORE any of the filters/conditions are applied.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Diana Koshy ,

The Logs tab can be found under the Settings tab here:

logscomm1.jpg

By default only Owners and Admins have access to the logs, while Users do not.

If Opsgenie did receive the API request, then it would be logged here! And if received with no alert being created, Opsgenie would at least log an error with something like "Skipping incomingData, no matching actions found."

But if no request is found in the logs, we'd have to assume it was never received by Opsgenie. 

Here's our logs doc as well: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/logs

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Here's an example of that error log I mentioned above, along with a log showing that Opsgenie received the request:

logscomm2.jpg

Like Diana Koshy likes this
Diana Koshy March 10, 2021

Thanks, Nick. Looks like I don't have access to see them. I'll contact our internal admins and see if I can get to the bottom of it with their help. I appreciate your quick response :)

Like Nick H likes this
0 votes
Brady Mortensen April 4, 2022

@Nick H i can't find what this log means. I have been editing alerts within integration and within opsgenie notification settings. I have matched our priority alert system within jsm to match our overall jira priority. I have changed the verbiage to match exactly or contains, still nothing. 

Substituted fields does not contain [message] even though it is required! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events