Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What permission do I need for "Add Incident Timeline" via API?

Benson Polican October 24, 2021

Hi,

Whenever I try to Add Incident Timeline, I get error 40301. What should I change in the API Key's permission to allow Add Incident Timeline?

Attached are the URL, Header, Body, Response and Permission I used.

Thank you!

Regards,

Benson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

URL and Header

Header.pngBody and ResponseBody.png

API Key Permissions

API Permissions.png

1 answer

0 votes
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2021

Hi @Benson Polican 

Thanks for reaching out :) 

The message "Team API Keys are not authorized to perform this action" is because you would be using an API key that is assigned to a team.

Please keep in mind that the API keys of the team integrations can only be used for the alerts/incidents of the specific team and the team-based configurations, whereas the API keys of the global integrations can be used for all of the API requests, including account-based configurations.

You would need to create a new API integration that is not assigned to a team to make these API requests. 

More information can be found here.

Thanks,

Connor

Benson Polican October 26, 2021

Hi @Connor Eyles

I'm a bit confused, the Incident I'm trying to add timeline to was created by the same Team API Key. Why can't I add a timeline for it using the same Team API Key?

Thank you!

Regards,

Benson

andy_chu October 28, 2021

Hi @Connor Eyles ,

Are you mean Opsgenie Admin needs to provide global API to our user instead of team API Key?

If so, the permission of global API Key will be too much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events