Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What information gets stored in OPSGenie? Data Residency concerns?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

Hello Everyone,

I saw OPSGenie at the Summit this year and it looked really cool!  I made a note to look into it when I returned home.  Since then one thing that has become an important issue for our company is data residency.  My question is what information actually gets stored in OPSGenie that might cause data residency concerns if any?  I'd like to make this a recommendation to our director of IT but I know that this will be one of the first questions I get which could put a hard stop on things.  I didn't see anything already on the community about this, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hi there James,

Thanks for posting! This is a great question. Security is a forefront concern, especially when it comes to data for many companies and here at Atlassian security is the utmost importance to us. This page has links with a lot of specifics that I think you may find helpful: https://www.opsgenie.com/tos/security

Another feature that may be of interest to you (currently in beta) is Edge Encryption, where sensitive data from the alerts are encrypted, and you hold the decryption keys on your end so this data never leaves your environment. Here's a high-level video on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyxpUsij1t8

Hopefully this helps! 

Best,
Kate

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

Hi Kate!

That is fantasic!  I'll check both of those out and make sure to mention this to some of our decision makers.

-James

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Happy to help! Let me know if you need anything else. 

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Wow... you really thought of everything!! 

😍👍🥇

Like Kate Clavet likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events