Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control on IOS critical alert notifications?

Harold Brandner March 22, 2021

I like the new IOS critical alert feature, however the alerts play at max volume no matter what. This makes the feature essentially useless for me, as this volume is WAY too loud and wakes up the whole house. It would be nice to add a volume control option to the critical alerts so they aren't so loud. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hello @Harold Brandner,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the new update for the iOS app, the feature “Allow Critical Alerts” was added, and turning this feature off will stop this loud volume.

There are two feature requests suggesting improvements for that, but, the tickets are not public, so I’m not able to share the links here. One suggestion is “Ability to define what is a Critical Alert for IOS” and the other one “Control iOS Critical Alert Volume”.

The workaround, for now, is to turn off the “Critical alerts”.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Harold Brandner April 2, 2021

Thanks. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the volume feature.

Like # people like this
AdamP April 29, 2021

Do we have any updates on this volume request?  Being that your app is used for on call, this is effectively making your product useless for its main purpose.  I'd hate to say it but pagerduty is a better solution than opsgenie at the moment due to this.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hello @AdamP,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I checked both feature requests and there are no updates of when the option to control the volume for critical alerts will be available.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Bellinda Allomes June 21, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

Any updates on when the 'Control iOS Critical Alert Volume' feature will be available in OpsGenie for iPhone?

Thanks,

Bellinda

Like AdamP likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2021

Hello @Bellinda Allomes, @AdamP and @Harold Brandner,

There is an update from the team responsible for the app.

They are planning to release the fix today and it should be available to download soon laugh

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this
Bellinda Allomes June 23, 2021

@Angélica Luz Awesome! Thanks so much for the update.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
AdamP June 24, 2021

Sweeeeeeet!  Thanks Team!

Harold Brandner June 25, 2021

Thanks so much for getting this implemented. MUCH better!!!!

Daniel Compton January 5, 2022

There are two feature requests suggesting improvements for that, but, the tickets are not public, so I’m not able to share the links here. One suggestion is “Ability to define what is a Critical Alert for IOS” and the other one “Control iOS Critical Alert Volume”.

I think the "Ability to define what is a Critical Alert for IOS" ticket is available at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9828 and can be voted on.

I'd really like it if Starting/Ending schedule notifications weren't sent as Critical alerts. These are not critical events, just a normal part of a work day.

Like Ondrej Brablc likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events