Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View OpsGenie "has action item" link type in Jira

Evan Giordanella July 26, 2023

While working on Incidents and writing postmortems, teams are adding/creating issues in Jira with the "has action item" link type under the "Jira Software issues". 

What I would like to do is filter/search for issues from within Jira that have that linktype with a query something like `issueLinkType in ("has action item")`.

I cannot seem to find a why to achieve this. Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2023

Hi @Evan Giordanella 

I understand that you have an incident within Opsgenie that allows you to create linked Jira issues directly.  Among these linktype options is a linktype called 'has action for'. 

I did a bit of digging to see what is happening here.  Although opsgenie can create these linked issues to Jira, within Jira Software itself, the issue is not creating a link back to the specific opsgenie incident.  Hence this isn't a typical issue link for Jira.  For most issue links within Jira, they connect one Jira issue to another Jira issue in the same site.  These opsgenie links certainly look like that from within Opsgenie, but the Jira issue itself doesn't store that link data.  Instead Opsgenie does.

When looking at the issue in Jira there is no clear link at all to the incident, also in my test setup, I don't even have an issue link type with that name.  If you are a Jira admin, you can navigate to /secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes!default.jspa to see all the available issue links within Jira.  These are the linktypes that Jira can query for with JQL.  I expect that you won't find a 'has action for' here and if you do, it's not directly correlated to the linktype you see within opsgenie.

From what I have found, these post-mortem issue links from Opsgenie Incident to Jira issues are only visible within Opsgenie.  There does not appear to be anyway to search Jira for this information.

I did come across a few different feature request for this:

I would recommend watching or voting on these. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events