Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the API to see how many notifications sent and to whom

sduzett April 24, 2023

I want to track how many notifications have been sent to engineers in my company and associate them to a team, service, and alert if possible. How can I do this in the API? I see we can get Notification Rules, but not the notifications themselves. On the Alerts API, I can see a list of "responders". Is this something I can leverage, perhaps to get the number of people notified even if I can't get the number of notifications?

1 answer

1 vote
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi @sduzett ,

Happy to help!

Using Analytics (Notification Reports) on Opsgenie would be the best way to track that, but if you wanted to use the API, you could use the Logs API endpoint here https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/logs-api if you have the Enterprise plan to pull your Product Logs, and then use that resultant data to filter down on notifications sent. The other option would be to list Alerts, pull Alert Logging, and then filter for Notifications sent via that method. 

Using the Responders field from the Alerts API endpoint would be informative on how many people were notified, but it wouldn't necessarily indicate how many notifications were sent between all of them throughout the Alert's lifespan.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events