Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LibreNMS severity levels to set priority levels in Opsgenie

Josh Hodkinson September 20, 2021

Hi there I am wanting to create different priority levels for LibreNMS alerts based on the severity levels sent by Libre.

Potentially making it look like this:

• P1 - Critical
  • P2 - Warning
  • P3 - OK

I am presuming it can be done with the Custom Priority section of the integration, but I'm not quite sure on how to do it as I have only been able to get it to assign a single priority level no matter the severity level.

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Josh Hodkinson ,

This can be configured under the Advanced tab of the LibreNMS integration. Note that this tab is only available on the Standard and Enterprise plans.

libre1.jpg

By configuring multiple Create Actions, each can filter on the Severity being parsed in the payload, and map to the corresponding Opsgenie alert priority:

libre2.jpglibre3.jpglibre4.jpg

Like you mentioned with the Custom Priority section of the integration, you can also use this to extract the numerical value (if being sent in the payload), and use one action to also map to the corresponding priority dynamically. It would depend on how / where the numerical value is being parsed, but typically we see something like this string process method work well:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/string-processing-methods-in-opsgenie-integrations/

libre5.jpg

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Josh Hodkinson September 20, 2021

Looks like we're upgrading then.

Thanks for the help will be using it once we do upgrade our plan.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events