Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 3 seperate policies to take three seperate actions

Reuben deVries April 20, 2021

I have three escalation policies:

P1 - Critical Incidents a critical piece of software is down or Infrastructure is down.
P2 - A critical piece of software is not functioning properly and needs attention.
P3 - All other alerts.

I would like to have my On-Call receive a phone call regardless of the time for all P1 incidents, I would like my On-Call to receive a phone call between the times of 06:00 and 22:00 for all P2 incidents and I want an email or pop up notification on my phone with the app of all P3 or lower incidents. Has anyone implemented this sort of thing?

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Reuben deVries !

Each user controls how they are notified of alerts via the notification rules on their profile.

You can setup multiple "New Alert" notification rules with filters, to be notified differently based on the priority of alerts.

e.g.

2021-04-20_13-57-24.png

In this example, I have 3 different "New Alert" Notification rules. The first one has a filter for priority = P1, and will notify me via those methods for alerts that I'm a recipient of that have priority = P1.

2nd one filters for priority = P2, and 3rd one filters for priority less than P2 (i.e. P3, P4, or P5).

Each user sets their own notification rules, so users can configure multiple rules like I have in this example.

Alternatively, you can create a Central Notification Template to define these notification rules at a global level, and then assign that Central Notification Template to all users, or all users with a certain role. There is not a way to define how users are notified within an escalation policy. The escalation policies handle who is notified, and the users' notification rules will determine how they are notified.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have anymore questions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events