cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclear about affected services and components relationship

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2022

Hi there,

I am doing some reading about Opsgenie and Statuspage connectivity and am drawing a blank on one part of the integration.

Opsgenie has affected services, teams have owned services.  In statuspage there are components that get reported on and displayed, when an incident is created from an alert in Opsgenie is the affected service mapped to the component.  Just trying to understand how they automatically bind to each other.

Thanks for the assistance with this one.

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Ste404,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😀

Opsgenie Services are owned by Opsgenie Teams, and Opsgenie Incidents can be created with or without the Services being marked as Affected Services.

Please note that the "Affected Services", in the current design, is just a placeholder for the Opsgenie incident to represent the relationships and also to add the relevant information, e.g. the Stakeholders/Responders/Tags defined in the Service(s) which are marked as Affected Services will be automatically added to this incident upon creation.

Other than that, there is no direct connection between the Affected Services on Opsgenie and the Components on Statuspage.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2022

Thank @Darryl Lee that was really helpful.  You touched on something else that I was going to ask about... TAGS.

I know when I manually create an alert in Opsgenie I can put tags in there that will impact the status of the Component I reference, very handy stuff.

I am not sure how tags can be passed over from JSM in the alert.  i.e. if there is a problem being raised due to multiple MS Teams tickets coming in I want to look at a problem ticket being created in JSM, the agent can select the component and the status of the component from a drop down.

Is there a way to then push that over to Opsgenie as the tag on the alert so it will all automatically update the component.

So an Alert will go out and the tag would be cmp_MS Teams:partial_outage where MS Teams and partial_outage have been selected in JSM by the agent?

Thanks

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Ste404,

Given that this topic would need further assistance with screenshots, would you mind raising a support request via this link to us instead?

Contact Opsgenie Support

It would be much helpful for discussion.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2022

Perfect, will do that shortly.

Like Darryl Lee likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events