Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to integrate Opsgenie with AppDynamics, but we need to route issues to different teams

Andrew Feland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2023

Hi, I'm managing a SAAS operations team in a company that grew through acquisition.  We are trying to consolidate our tools, and historically we had one monitoring tool for one SAAS application and a different one for a second SAAS application.  Each had a separate integration into Opsgenie, so it was pretty simple to route issues to the appropriate ops team.  

Now we're in the process of rolling out AppDynamics, and the integration seems fairly limited--it only wants to send all issues to one on-call schedule regardless of origin.

I know we could probably solve this using email integration instead of the API integration, but that seems overly complex, and I feel like I must be missing something.  I'm relatively new to both tools, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Arumugam M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2023

Hey Andrew, 

Thank you for your question. This is Arumugam from Atlassian support, happy to help. 

I understand that you would like to route alerts to different teams from a single integration. 

You should be able to achieve this by creating a global integration on Opsgenie (i.e, creating an integration by going to Settings -> Integration and not associating it with any teams)

Once the integration is created, you can go to Advanced Integration settings and can filter the alerts based on the data that is posted to us and can add responders on the fly. 

Here is a sample screenshot for your reference:

appdynamics.png

You can learn more about advanced integration in the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/use-advanced-integration-settings/

Please give it a try and let us know if you have any follow-up questions. 

Thanks, 

Arumugam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events