Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time based alerts through Jira Integration

Niel October 8, 2019

Hi!

Is there any way we can make the Jira Integration only create alerts on a time frame? I finally got it to filter only the right alerts but I wanted the alerts to only happen on after-hours. Help would be much appreciated!

1 answer

1 vote
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2019

Hey Niel, 

Thank you for your question. 

Unfortunately not only for Jira, but also for other integrations putting time frames as a filter is not option right now. However, as a workaround, I could recommend you using Notification Policies.

Basically, notification policies allows you to suppress/delay/auto-close alerts if they match with your defined conditions, also you can put time intervals so when an alert is created in Opsgenie, creation time will also be checked by your notification policy - see attached. 

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-10 at 9.46.53 AM.jpeg

Do you think that workaround would work for you? 

Let me know if you need any further assistance on this issue, would be happy to assist!

Niel October 13, 2019

Hi Emirhan!

I had a look at this too. I think that's just a time-frame for the Policy selected. It's not a rule that restricts incoming Alerts to that time frame. It would have been a good feature to use if it actually automatically closes/deletes alerts on certain time frame but I don't believe it allows that.

Kind Regards,

Niel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events