Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are 3 shifts in 24hrs. Need to create on Call routation in Ops Genie

John Antony A January 7, 2022

There are 3 shifts in 24hrs. Need to create on Call routation in Ops Genie. 

First Shift  (8 AM to 4 PM)

Second Shift (4 to 12 AM)

Third Shift (12 AM to 8 AM)

In each shift there are 5 members and having different week offs. For some it is thursday friday and for some it is saturday and sunday. 

Whenever I create a on call rotation and add members it takes each member for the following consecutive days.  For instance 

When I add first shift team members it adds them in each rotation not able to add 5 members in one-time frame from 730 to 4 PM. 

First Shift User 1 and User 2 are added in different time.

1 answer

1 vote
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hi @John Antony A ,

In this case you would want to create 3 separate rotations on the same Schedule. A rotation is a list of participants who all participate in the same shift. So you would have 1 rotation that covers 8am-4pm, another for 4pm-12am, and another for 12am-8am.

Only one person can be on-call at a time per rotation. So if you want 5 people on-call from 8am-4pm for example, then you need 5 rotations that cover 8am-4pm. So if you have 5 people on-call at each shift, and you have 3 shifts, then you will need a total of 15 rotations.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events