Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppression of alerts after hours

Rob December 3, 2020

Can you create a alert suppression for after hours? For example... alerts less than Critical from 1800 to 0900 weekdays would be suppressed until normal workday M-F 9-1800. Please advise and thank you in advance.  

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Hi Rob, not w/in standard Jira notifications. Two things to consider here:

1. maybe you could disable notification and use Automation to replace notifications. Unsure how successful that would be TBH...just a thought.
  2. consider an addon app, for example smart-notifications . I have no experience w/ this specific addon and there are others out there to consider.
Rob December 3, 2020

Hi Jack...this is not option with Opsgenie?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

oops...very sorry Rob. I did not notice this was OG. my brain didn't switch out of Jira mode. Yes I'm sure you can suppress notifications based upon TOD in OG. Here is an article and video that might assist - notification-rules 

Rob December 3, 2020

whoa...almost gave me a coronary ;0) ok I will give the video a peak

3 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Rob ,

You can suppress alert notifications during after hours / weekends using Notification Policies: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/team-policies#notification-policy

These can apply to specific alerts (anything less than P1), and during certain time intervals (after hours / weekends).

Your policy might look something like this:

not pol comm 1.jpg

0 votes
Rob December 3, 2020

Perfect Nick..thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders