• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Suppression of alerts after hours

Can you create a alert suppression for after hours? For example... alerts less than Critical from 1800 to 0900 weekdays would be suppressed until normal workday M-F 9-1800. Please advise and thank you in advance.  

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Dec 03, 2020

Hi Rob, not w/in standard Jira notifications. Two things to consider here:

1. maybe you could disable notification and use Automation to replace notifications. Unsure how successful that would be TBH...just a thought.
  2. consider an addon app, for example smart-notifications . I have no experience w/ this specific addon and there are others out there to consider.

Hi Jack...this is not option with Opsgenie?

Jack Community Leader Dec 03, 2020

oops...very sorry Rob. I did not notice this was OG. my brain didn't switch out of Jira mode. Yes I'm sure you can suppress notifications based upon TOD in OG. Here is an article and video that might assist - notification-rules 

whoa...almost gave me a coronary ;0) ok I will give the video a peak

1 vote
Nick H Atlassian Team Dec 03, 2020

Hi @Rob ,

You can suppress alert notifications during after hours / weekends using Notification Policies: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/team-policies#notification-policy

These can apply to specific alerts (anything less than P1), and during certain time intervals (after hours / weekends).

Your policy might look something like this:

not pol comm 1.jpg

Perfect Nick..thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Investigate deployment-related incidents with Bamboo and Opsgenie together

Back in April of last year one of the major product announcements from Opsgenie was the launch of the Incident investigation view which created a deep connection between Bitbucket and Opsgenie, empow...

149 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you