cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StruxureWare Integration

Rodney Thomason
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2023

I've set up the integration with StruxureWare (APC) and successfully tested the configuration. I get an alert inside OpsGenie and it will increase each time I run the test from StruxureWare. My issue is that I'm getting no other alerts from StruxureWare. We have several hundred APC UPSes that are actively alerting/alarming, but none of those are coming into OpsGenie. Does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what I may have not done or may need to do to get the alerts to start coming in? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2023

Hi @Rodney Thomason ,

Could you please verify once that the Integration is correctly configured in Opsgenie as well as on the StruxureWare Data Center Expert side by following the steps in the below document link: 
https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-struxureware-data-center-expert/

Once this is correctly configured, please trigger a new alert from StruxureWare Data Center Expert and navigate to Settings > Debug > Logs in Opsgenie to search with the Integration name as in the below example screenshot:Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 3.48.08 PM.png

With the above search, you can check all the incoming alerts that were triggered from StruxureWare Data Center Expert's end to verify if the integration was set up correctly and if the alerts are coming in as expected.

Additionally, please visit the below document link for the associated steps on configuring the action filters in Opsgenie for the integration: 
https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/action-filters-in-opsgenie-integrations/

Best,
Shashwat

Rodney Thomason
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2023

I've already completed the above. I can see the test alert that is triggered within Data Center Expert, but that's all I can see coming from there. Since this is an integration, do I actually need to configure any "Actions" within the integration in OpsGenie?

Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2023

Yes, you would need to configure the "Create Alert" and "Close Alert" action filters for the integration.

The conditions selected under these filters would create and close Alerts in Opsgenie accordingly for all the Alerts triggering from StruxureWare'd end.

For example, if you select "Match all alerts" for the "Create Alert" action, it will create all Opsgenie Alerts for the incoming alerts from 
StruxureWare, and if you select "Match one or more conditions below / Match all conditions below" for the "Create Alert" action, it will only create Opsgenie alerts for the StruxureWare alerts that match the configured conditions in these filters.

Help document: How to setup Action Filters in Opsgenie Integrations

Best,
Shashwat

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events