Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage + Opsgenie component not syncing

craig_diehl March 31, 2023

I've setup the integration with statuspage in our opsgenie account and alerts that are created are also creating incidents in our statuspage as expected. I'm having issues using tags to map incidents to components via cmp_[component name]:[status]. I have the integration set to "create an incident and update the component's/incidents statuses according to tags"

Any chance I've set this up incorrectly? I'm defining this under

"For other Opsgenie alerts:
Create Statuspage Incidents for Opsgenie Alerts:"

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

To troubleshoot this issue, try the following steps:

1. Double-check that the tags are formatted correctly as cmp_[component name]:[status], where [component name] is the name of the component to have a status change and [status] is one of the allowed statuses for the component.

2. Make sure that the component name in the tag matches the name of the component in Statuspage exactly.

3. Check if there are any typos or errors in the tag or in the component name in Statuspage.

4. Ensure that the allowed component statuses are being used. These statuses are listed under the "Allowed Component Statuses" header in the provided context.

5. Verify that the Opsgenie action is correctly mapped to the "update the component's/incidents statuses according to tags" Statuspage action.

6. Try creating a new alert with a specially formatted tag and see if the incidents and components are updated correctly in Statuspage.

craig_diehl April 7, 2023

Thanks for your help @Riley Venable . I've double checked a few times now to make sure there are no spelling errors and the settings are correct and the components are still not updating. I wonder if there is any logging available some place that identifies the tags being sent to statuspage?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events