It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Status 400 on API Alert

This may be a simple answer but every time I try to make a API alert call i get the following error(below). Im pretty sure the JSON syntax is correct as I run it on JSONLint.com and see no errors

API

POST https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: GenieKey xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx" -d { "message": "A urgent event has occurred. Please acknowledge that this notice has been recognized", "alias": "urgent", "priority": "P2" }

Error message

{"message":"Invalid JSON","took":0.002,"requestId":"xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xx-xxxxxxxxx"}

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir_Kafel Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2020

Hi @Kazeem_Adel - it sounds like the body isn't being passed as json. Are you making the request via curl? If so - can you try putting single quotes around the body? i.e.

'{ "message": "A urgent event has occurred. Please acknowledge that this notice has been recognized", "alias": "urgent", "priority": "P2" }'

If that doesn't work please reach out to our support team either through the in-app chat (blue bubble in bottom right of screen when logged into Opsgenie), or submitting a ticket via https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Thanks,

Samir

I knew it was something simple i missed

Thanks Samir!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

A deep dive on Routing Rules

Hi there! Folks new to Opsgenie sometimes can get a bit perplexed when setting up their Routing Rules and Escalation Policies. Especially if they’re used to using an excel spreadsheet for sc...

183 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you