Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack app for Incident Management

Duncan Adams February 8, 2021

Hi

So i've been looking into using the incident management of opsgenie and slack. I have tried using the integration but based on the current documentation that was updated 5 months ago, the integration only allows you to create a channel whilst logged into Opsgenie on web but not vice versa. 

Currently we use Opsgenie for all alerting but we are looking in expanding to the incident management but since we work mostly from Slack, we were looking at creating a channel from an alert within slack but it seems like this function is limited on incident management.

Is there a way of creating channels from an alert that has been pushed to slack without having to login to Opsgenie?

slack-app-for-incident-management 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Duncan Adams -

There currently isn't a way to create a slack channel from an incident outside of the Opsgenie UI, but we have a feature request to have an API endpoint for this solution. I will add your post to the internal ticket and will update you whenever there is an update on the request. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events