Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift length without weekends

Petr A March 31, 2021

Hi there!
Testing Opsgenie and I can't figure out how to set up on-call-schedule such a way as not to take into rotation weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Is it possible?

rotation.png

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Petr A ,

That's certainly possible! Within your rotation, you'll want to toggle on the Restrict to time intervals option, select the Weekday and time of day option, then enter the days / times you need your rotation to cover on-call:

schedweekendcomm1.jpg

^ Noticed I also highlighted the + Add new interval button.

If you enter the first day, like Monday 10:00 - Monday 22:00, then click the + Add new interval button, it will clone the follow day(s) depending on how many times it's clicked. - so you don't have to manually enter each day.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions, issues, etc.

Petr A March 31, 2021

Hi @Nick H 

Thanks for your time!

I'm afraid I have not fully formulated the essence of the question, weekends are removed from the schedules, but shifts are skipped. For example, Petr on Friday (9/4) is 1-st day, and must be 2-nd (12/4) on Monday. But on Monday it's already "A" because it thinks there was "A" on Sun too and Petr on Sat.
But the rotation remains the same as without the intervals, it only removes SAT-SUN. 

1-2w

1-2 week.png

3-4w

3-4 week.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

To piggyback off @am "You can change the Shift Length to 1 day and then add all the members twice back to back" - that's correct.

Add each user twice (or back-to-back) into the rotation, and set the rotation to daily vs. custom. The final schedule would look like this:

schedweekendcomm2.jpg

Like Petr A likes this
Petr A March 31, 2021

@Nick H 
Got it, thanks!

Will try and test))

Regards,
Petr

Like Nick H likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Amit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

If you enable the "Restrict to time intervals" you will get another section appear which asks you to specify what days/times of the week for the rotation to be active. There you would exclude weekends.

Petr A March 31, 2021

Hi @Amit Kumar 

True, but if there are 2x2 shifts, then the schedule, taking into account the enabled function, will simply remove the weekend from it, leaving the sequence of shifts the same. While we need to recalculate the shifts and shift the sequence, as in the description below :)

Amit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Ah I see. You can change the Shift Length to 1 day and then add all the members twice back to back.

Like # people like this
Petr A March 31, 2021

@Amit Kumar 
I don't understand how, but it works)))

I appreciate it, thank you!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events