Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up incidents between Zendesk and Opsgenie

Anton Van der Meyden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2022

Hello,

I have setup alerts that work from Zendesk to Opsgenie and from Opsegenie to Zendesk. I am now trying to setup incidents. This works from Opsegenie to Zendesk but not from Zendesk to Opsegenie. The extension fires in Zendesk but no incident is created in Opsgenie. Is it posisble to make an incident in Opsgenie from Zendesk?

I think the body of the extension might be need to be updated to push the correct fields back to Opsgenie from Zendesk. I know specific fields are required for the alerts to work in the body of the trigger in Zendesk.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Kind Reagrds,

Anton

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2022

Hi @Anton Van der Meyden ,

Happy to help!

You can Automate Incidents using Incident Rules. This would essentially set up a filter to create an Incident if an Alert comes in with matching criteria https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/automatically-create-an-incident-via-incident-rules/. While this isn't direct Incident generation, this will allow you to open Incidents on Opsgenie using specific incoming Zendesk alerts.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events