ServiceNow and Opsgenie Integration

Bryan Pascua May 17, 2022

Dear Opsgenie/Atlassian Community,

I am new here in the community, we are looking to explore Opsgenie's SMS alert feature, the project I am working on is to have an SMS alert sent when there's an Incident or Service request tickets created in ServiceNow. Can someone please help me on how to start with the Integration of ServiceNow and Opsgenie? What are the requirements to proceed. 

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Bryan Pascua ,

Our ServiceNow documentation should help with creating / configuring the integration so SNOW incidents create Opsgenie alerts.

As for best practices, we typically see customers configuring an integration under a team. When an integration creates an alert, it'll flow through what's configured under the team's On-call tab; reviewing routing rules, escalations, and on-call schedules. 

snow1.jpg

The On-call tab manages WHICH users are notified. When an alert is sent to a user, the user can manage HOW they are notified (sms, push, email or voice notifications) through their New Alert notification rules.

snow2.jpg

Hope that gets your started in the right direction. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events