Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sentry integration issues

David de la Pena
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2022

I am trying to trigger an opsgenie alert when a Sentry Error Threshold alert happens.

I cannot see this in the options in the Sentry Alert configuration to send to OpsGenie

Any pointers much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2022

Hi @David de la Pena ,

Our Sentry documentation is fairly straight forward when it comes to configuring the Sentry side / how to create an Opsgenie alert.

It doesn't cover specific ways to trigger the integration when certain alerts such as "error-threshold" alerts occur. I'm personally not a Sentry expert - nor have an instance to test - so you may want to reach out to Sentry support for assistance here.

If there is not an option in Sentry to filter on what should create an Opsgenie alert, you could send all alerts to Opsgenie. Then under the Advanced tab of the integration, determine what should create alerts vs. what should not:

sentry1.jpg

Note the Advanced tab is only available on the Standard and Enterprise (or the JSM/O Premium and Enterprise) plans.

Shay Kremer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2023

Hi Nick,
The issue is within Sentry that the option for choosing opsgenie isn't available, after configuring everything the only options are slack, email and linear.
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-02 at 17.21.56.jpeg
You can reproduce this issue by trying to build sentry alert of Crash Free User Rate dropped.

Muhammad Shakeeb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 8, 2023

Hi,

Yes that happens because you didn't activate the Opsgenie.

Please go to settings > Search for opsgenie > select it for your desired project > Click there on Enable Plugin.

I have checked it at my end too and it works after enabling it and you can see the opsgenie in the drop down list where you saw email/slack so on.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 12.56.32.png

Like Nick H likes this
Mohammed Ashfaq
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 6, 2023

Hello Muhammed Shakeeb/Nick, 

Apparently, the solution mentioned only works for "Issue Alerts" in Sentry and not for "Metric Alerts" or other kinds of alerts. This has been confirmed by Sentry support that they do not support OpsGenie and consider it as Legacy integration. However, there is a workaround that could be possible, and I need help with that. 

In Sentry, we can go to Setting > Developer Settings > Internal Integration and set up OpsGenie integration. But it does not have option to provide API Key. Could you help in setting up the following way of integration? How can we add auth token within the URL as it does provide option to provide API token or headers. 

Note: I have tried setting it up as a direct integration and enabled the plugin, but it did not work. 

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 16.19.16.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events