Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sending e-mail when alert is created in OpsGenie

Hi! I am working with OpsGenie right now and I have a question about E-mail Integration. 

Is it possible to send an e-mail from OpsGenie to specific e-mail address when alert is created?

For example an alert with specific tag was created and it would trigger OpsGenie to send an e-mail to defined in integration e-mail address with maybe even customised content?

As I understand right now E-mail integration is creating an alert in OpsGenie when e-mail is received on defined in integration e-mail address. I am curious if there is a way to do the opposite?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Malgorzata,

The only way we'd be able to send emails when an alert is created inside Opsgenie is to send the notification to a user responder, where you will be able to set whichever email you choose to get notified via the responders of said alert. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 4.44.44 PM.png

If you want to only get alerted with tags, I suggest you create a Global alert policy that will only be active when an alert comes in that matches your tag

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 4.23.26 PM.png

You can always contact us via chat if you need any additional assistance setting this up. Hope this helps!

Are you still looking for an answer on this? You could set this up by using the OpsGenie edge connector installed on an in house server/workstation. Then use a powershell script for the create action to send an email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

1,813 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you