Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send alert notification during business hours even if the alert came in during non-business hours

David Dumas March 16, 2022

Send alert notification during business hours even if the alert came in during non-business hours

I have an email integration.  

Example:  In my application, let's say there is an error at 1am on Friday.  My application sends an email to the opsGenie email address I have setup in the integration.  However, I want the alert notification to "delay, and send the alert email at 8a on Friday during business hours.

Can this be done in some fashion?  

Dave

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hi @David Dumas ,

Notification policies can delay / suppress notifications during after hours, and notify at the start of the next day (or next business day).

That policy might look something like this:

del1.jpgdel2.jpg

Note that notification policies are only available on the Standard and Enterprise plans, so if your plan does not offer this functionality the closest thing would be configuring a routing rule that sends alerts to No-one during after hours. This option lacks the ability to notify at the start of the next business day though.

K Campbell September 19, 2023

@Nick H Looking to do something similar but the other way around so on-call for us is around 6pm - 8am!

Could you explain a little please about how this can be achieved with routing rules instead?(we do not have a standard or enterprise plan!) Not sure where to even find routing rules... Thanks

K Campbell September 20, 2023

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2023

Hi @K Campbell ,

Routing rules can be configured under a team's On-call tab. Essentials plans include one routing rule per team so this should be possible with a configuration something similar to this:

rr1.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events