Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary alerts for the same issue

Dusan Vuckovic February 23, 2020

Hi , 

I have Zendesk integrated with OpsGenie. When a critical issue is created in Zendesk, Alert is been triggered. This works like a charm . 

What I want to do is, when L1 agent triggers a macro in Zendesk to "Escalate to L2" (adds a tag dispatched_to_l2), new alert should be created for the new team (L2 team rota), and the previous Alert should be closed. 

Now, deduplication is preventing me from doing this. I can see secondary alerts coming in, but not being triggered. 

The ideal case would be that when a ticket is Zendesk is escalated to L2, Incident would be formed that would incorporate initial Alert and this secondary one, aimed at the L2 team. Primary Alert should be closed, as previously stated. 

How this can be done ? Ty

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

Hi @Dusan Vuckovic - I have seen a similar workflow configured that involves multiple triggers to be configured. So when a ticket is created, it triggers an alert to be created in Opsgenie. then when the team is changed in Zendesk, it will first trigger the initial alert to be closed in Opsgenie, and then trigger a new alert to be created for the L2 team in Opsgenie.

Opsgenie can only execute 1 action off a single received request, so Zendesk will need to send 2 triggers, 1 to close first alert, and another to create a new alert.

You can reach out to our support team via in-app chat, emailing support@opsgenie.com, or filing a ticket with us through https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

And we should be able to work with you to test this out.

Thanks,

Samir

Dusan Vuckovic February 25, 2020

Hi Samir, 

it is as you say. Only diff is there is no "Close" action for Zendesk connector, for some reason. Only way to implement was to use Email connector in order to close out alerts. 

Zendesk connector needs improvement. 

Thank you for the answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events