Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Maintenance for alerts

Derek Stevenson October 29, 2020

Is there a way to turn off alerting for certain alerts during scheduled windows? Situation is this we have 10 servers that go down every 8 hours for 10 minutes, we need to have OG not trigger the alert at all so it doesn't page us or make a ticket through Jira automation.

Can we disable an integration (API) for Grafana (monitoring tool) in selected time increments? 

Seems like the notification policies are meant for email and such correct? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gökçem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Hi Derek,

Yes, there might be some possible solutions to your question. One is to define a maintenance period under Global Policies.

Screenshot at Oct 30 14-11-31.pngUnder this option, the period should be updated regularly.

Another option is to send disable and enable integration API requests for the periods that you want the integration to be disabled and enabled again. 

If by the API tool that you are using, you can make this request to be periodically sent, this might also solve your problem.

The below links are for disabling and enabling integration API requests. 

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/integration-api#disable-integration

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/integration-api#enable-integration

Derek Stevenson November 2, 2020

Thanks! will try these out

disabled.pngOk I can get it to silence alerts through alert policy, but when i try to disable API it always stays in the disabled state here 

Gökçem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hi Derek,

To clarify the issue, does it stays in a disabled state, after the hours that you have defined in the time frame? Could you please elaborate?

yes it stays in disabled state the entire time EVEN during the schedule window I see that it in maintenance mode but it still says disabled, and it didn't stop the alerts from coming in. I got the alert policy to work as expected but hoping to get the API way to work so we can give it to the deployment team so they can add it to their scripts for maintenance.API.png 

Gökçem
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2020

Hi Derek,

Thanks for elaborating on the case. For investigating your logs in more detail, could you please contact us via chat through the blue chat bubble button, on your Opsgenie account? 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan-Willem Aikens June 28, 2021

Hi @Derek Stevenson and @Gökçem , did you guys work this out in the end, and how?
This might be a way to go for me as well...

Thanks, Jan-Willem

Gökçem
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2021

Hi @Jan-Willem Aikens , we haven't contacted specifically about Derek's case. But if you do have also problems you can reach us through chat, so that me and my colleagues can help in more detail :)

Like Jan-Willem Aikens likes this
Derek Stevenson June 28, 2021

Thanks all i figured it out =)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events